Aggressive Philadelphia Criminal Assault Attorney
When a simple assault and battery charge is aggravated by other factors, you will face much harsher penalties, and possible mandatory minimum sentences. At The Law Office of Niels C. Eriksen Jr., LLC, we protect the rights of individuals accused of aggravated assault and terroristic threats. We help you fight these charges at every turn, and we will also work to reduce the charges and minimize the impact of a possible conviction.
Call Attorney Niels C. Eriksen 24 Hours a Day
An assault or an assault and battery conviction comes with serious potential consequences, including jail time, but the consequences for aggravated assault are even greater. Your simple assault charge could be elevated to aggravated assault given any of the following:
- Victim is a person of status: police officer, parole officer, court officer
- Placing victim in fear of bodily harm or death
- Causing serious bodily harm
Not all aggravating factors are the same. Some aggravating factors come with even harsher penalties, including:
- If the victim is elderly, an infant or mentally disabled, you are looking at a mandatory two to four years in prison
- If a gun is visibly possessed during commission of an assault, whether or not it was pointed or fired, you face a mandatory five to ten years in prison
Defense and Mitigation of Aggravated Assault
With aggravating factors, it is very easy to be overcharged for assault and battery crimes. The main goal of our Bucks County aggravated assault lawyer is to fight for an acquittal. We will take equal care to make sure you minimize the potential consequences. We will explore all of the following defenses:
- Intent: There is no crime without intent. Did you intend to harm?
- Harm: Since serious bodily harm is an aggravating factor, it is important to take a close look at medical evidence, in order to determine whether the harm was serious.
- Self defense, defense of another, or defense or your home: Pennsylvania law allows you to use whatever force necessary to overcome the force used against you.
Contact a Levittown Assault Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with aggravated assault, you want a lawyer who can help you minimize the impact of the aggravating factors, as well as the assault charges. Our Bucks County law offices are open during weekly business hours, but we are available to our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For a free initial consultation, call 215-375-7914 or toll free 877-880-8123. You can contact our criminal defense law firm online.