Jump to Navigation


Pennsylvania Asset Forfeiture: How a Lawyer Can Help

Pennsylvania statutes are getting tougher. More and more crimes now invoke forfeiture of property — including your house, your car and your money. Asset forfeiture used to apply only to property allegedly involved in the drug trade. Now, certain DUI convictions will evoke the possibility of forfeiture.

Regardless of the charges involved, I can help. I am Philadelphia area criminal defense attorney Niels Eriksen. I use more than 10 years of experience to help my clients facing matters of asset forfeiture or property seizure.

If you have been arrested for a Pennsylvania drug crime while you were driving your car, especially if you allegedly had drugs in the vehicle, Pennsylvania police may seize the car at the scene. Working with an attorney is one of the most effective ways to get it back. Call my emergency cell phone at 215-375-7914, 24 hours a day for help.

What Can I Expect When My Property Has Been Taken?

When it comes to asset forfeiture, it is important to know your rights. Your property is not gone forever, but working with an experienced attorney is critical to getting it returned successfully. You have an absolute right to an asset forfeiture hearing. Unfortunately, this hearing does not usually take place until the resolution of your criminal case.

I begin handling your asset forfeiture case by filing a motion for return of property, making sure that the district attorney's office knows you intend to fight. Judges have discretion to grant a hearing, and I advocate forcefully for you.

You May Have More Options Than You Think

If someone else was using your car or your property for illegal purposes without your knowledge, you may be able to get the seized assets back. Further, the police must show that the property you forfeited was the result of the crime. Just finding it near the crime is not enough - they must prove the relationship. And this is often a difficult burden for them.

Contact the Law Office of Niels C. Eriksen Jr., LLC

To arrange a free consultation about your case, please do not hesitate to contact me today by calling 215-375-7914 or completing my online form.

Do I have a Case?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania (PA), the Law Office of Niels C. Eriksen Jr., LLC represents clients throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and northeast Philadelphia, including residents of Langhorne, Bensalem, Bristol, Bristol Borough, Croydon, Doylestown, Fairless Hills, Falls Township, Levittown, Lower Makefield, Upper Makefield, Morrisville, New Hope, Newtown, Philadelphia, Richboro, Southampton, Trevose, Warminster, Warrington, Washington Crossing, Yardley, lower Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia County.

Privacy Policy | Law Firm Marketing by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.