Jump to Navigation

Probation Violations

Pennsylvania Probation and Parole Violation Lawyer

If you have been charged with violating your probation or parole (VOP), you want to do everything you can to fight the charges and retain the freedom you have. Do not accept the probation department recommendation of a violation or parole revocation without consulting with a lawyer. At the Bucks County law offices of Attorney Niels C. Eriksen, we protect the rights of individuals at probation revocation (Gagnon) hearings and all related criminal hearings.

An Arrest Never Comes at a Convenient Time
Contact Attorney Niels C. Eriksen 24 Hours a Day

From the failure to report to a failed drug test, it does not take much to cross the line of probation or parole. We can help you with either concern:

  • Probation violation: You may not be serving a jail sentence, but if you violated the conditions of your probation, the judge can revoke probation and impose a jail sentence.
  • Parole violation: After serving time in jail, you were released home for the remainder of your sentence. If accused of a parole violation, you can be sentenced to the remaining portion of your original sentence.

Parole and probation violations (VOPs) can be divided into two groups: technical violations and criminal violations.

1) Technical Violations:

Every probation or parole has certain conditions of sentence, and if you violate any of those conditions, it is considered a technical violation. Possible technical violations include:

  • Failed drug test
  • Failure to report to the Probation Officer (PO)
  • Failure to pay fines or restitution
  • Out of place in community
  • Failure to notify change of address

Do not accept the Probation Officer's version of the technical violation. Contact my office immediately to discuss whether a violation is appropriate in your case. We successfully assist clients at Gagnon I hearings before the probation department, and we will litigate the Gagnon II hearings before the trial court.

2) Criminal Violations:

If you have been charged with a new criminal offense, you could be found guilty of a criminal violation of your probation or parole. The first thing you need to do is contact an attorney, and notify your Probation Officer (PO) of the police contact. If your Probation Officer is informed in a timely manner, he or she is less likely to detain you. We will work with them to negotiate a remedy out of court. If you are detained, we will help you reduce or set bail on the parole or probation detainer and protect your rights at the Gagnon hearings.

If you have minor or limited prior violations of parole or probation, the judge will most likely allow you to continue with your probation or parole. However, with persistent violations, you could face significant jail time or harsh conditions. The key to these hearings is early intervention. We will work with your Probation Officer (PO) to help mitigate the potential damages.

Contact Us

A probation or parole violation (VOP) can happen any time. Available for our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, we are ready to respond to your concerns. Our Bucks County law offices are open weekdays, and we offer evening and weekend hours by appointment. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.

Do I have a Case?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania (PA), the Law Office of Niels C. Eriksen Jr., LLC represents clients throughout southeastern Pennsylvania and northeast Philadelphia, including residents of Langhorne, Bensalem, Bristol, Bristol Borough, Croydon, Doylestown, Fairless Hills, Falls Township, Levittown, Lower Makefield, Upper Makefield, Morrisville, New Hope, Newtown, Philadelphia, Richboro, Southampton, Trevose, Warminster, Warrington, Washington Crossing, Yardley, lower Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia County.

Privacy Policy | Law Firm Marketing by FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business.